Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Living in Provence

Where I am right now is called La-Drome-Provence and the town I am staying is Valaurie. I've no I idea what it means but even the name sounds beautiful, isn't it? At the farm, I've been here 3 weeks already and I don't feel like to move. This could be my actual first time for feeling of staying. Thinking of have you ever had thought of 'no, I want to stay'. I think I never had had once. Even though when I stay with my family, I always find a way to stay away from them. I think I finally found my peace here. I became little slow down and relax little bit, simply eat well, work well, and make sure enjoy well.

One day, I was looking for a restaurant to work, I mean cash work. At St-Paul-Trois-Chateaux, there are couple of good restaurants that I found from 'Omnivor Carnet 2012'. Just because of desire for working at a good restaurant, I went there by a bicycle. each way was 7 km and it was up and down hills. Before the day I went there, I was also looking for restaurants. I didn't reach the final destination of the day because about 5 km after, I saw a huge uphill and I just didn't wanna go up there with the bicycle. The first day of searching, I didn't want to go too far. Each way 5km was enough for one day.
Second day, the day I went to SPTC, the road was bit narrower than the first day. I was on bit larger road on the first day. I had to look out for speedy cars. Although the road was narrow and many curves, people here are driving like flying. I had to look for a car coming on the road but not many car went by and I actually had chances to slow down and look at the views.
Little bit of windy but sometime it was strong enough to push me away, there were many things were growing on the huge filed, now is the spring season right before the summer, nicely warm and cool. All these different flowers were blooming and you can smell the gentle aroma of flowers. I was listening the music in order to match what nature created and what human created. With help from the windy weather, everything seemed to be dancing with the music I was listening. I started walking rather than riding on the bicycle. Well, another reason was that the sit wasn't comfortable for long ride. I had to stop time to time because it was more likely the toucher. The feeling of walking on empty road and just enjoy the day was fantastic, nothing can be better than that. I think I miss that all the time when I lived at the cities. I was all the time listening music so that I didn't have to listen the nosies. But here, I like to turn the I pod off to listen the nature. It is absolutely beautiful thing.
The lens of my camera isn't satisfied enough for capturing the nature. It is a basic lens that comes with any DSLR. Therefore, it is too bad that I couldn't do the photography of the joy of beautiful day. I tried once but I just couldn't feel the photos as same as what I saw with my naked eyes. The lens just isn't good enough to deliver my message. I want my readers to see what I see and I want to express my feeling here same time but I have to blame the laptop thief and poor my life.
It's been good days. Today is getting over and I got 8 more days to go. I am not exciting for the last day here. The worries are how I should go to Lyon and Paris and I can't just take from people because I have nothing. There is some point that I should give something back yet, I can't do anything but just cooking for people and help them any times people need me.
People here are very lay back and cool. They have their own thing to work on but living in harmony. some people live in camping cars but they seem as if they have a big house. I mean they all look happy. I am from the cities too many years that I have little dark side. Whenever that came out, I feel really shame at the front of them because I don't want to ruin their happiness. Here is the micro society but I am at Provence. People here has good lives and they like to share it with people from other side. It's been welcoming their society and now has been accepting one of them. I guess that is why I say 'Wow, living here is the cool life'.

No comments: